Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Lesson on Added Value - Add this to your web strategy

Added value is a misunderstood term. This is primarily because it has become such a buzz word generally understood to mean “free stuff that we give you when you buy something from us.” And, with wider and broader usage, the “added values” get cheaper and less meaningful. So, most of us tend to dismiss it when someone mentions an added value.

This fits perfectly with the recent themes I have been writing in this blog about giving access to yourself and the value of your presence. We get so caught up in transactions and in the necessary repetition of our days, that you forget the value of what you say, what you know and how you present it. You can see this in every consult and every opportunity you have with patients and customers when they smile at you. This is the trust that you feel them giving over to you. It is bottom line on why they choose you as their cosmetic doctor or dentist.

Now, I have given you plenty of examples of how you can make yourself more accessible over the past few months. Most of these ideas revolve around video because video gives you an opportunity to replicate one message a vast amount of times. Someone who understands this puts their practice in place to be a Video-Intensive Practice. This means you have 1) video of you talking to visitors on your web site which offers immediate access to you for every web visitor, 2) entertaining video in your reception room that educates, informs and makes your messages accessible and 3) video that goes into the satisfied patients’ homes so they can become a sales force for you.

I invite you to pick one of these VIP tools and order it now. And, I want to inform you of a new added value for being a customer of Dog Star Media and The Cosmetic Channel™. This is an example of how added value should be used.

Most of you have been receiving and reading my blog for a long time. This is a blog that I post with marketing ideas for everyone. Beginning this month, I am starting a new blog that is only for Dog Star Media and The Cosmetic Channel™ clients. If you become a client at any point, you will be added to this exclusive mailing list to get my new blog that will publish twice each month.

This blog will focus on coping with being a small business owner and unleashing and projecting the spirit inside you that will lead to growth. It will be inspirational and focus on techniques that fan far beyond simply marketing your business. This is the next level in content and will supplement what I offer to my coaching and retainer clients. Only, this will be for every client, regardless if they are only buying one DVD from The Cosmetic Channel™ or if they sign on for ongoing services. This is real added value.... substantial, thought-provoking, applicable to both you and your team and, best of all, written to make a personal connection, one experienced business owner to another.

I decided to write this special blog because I want to make a deeper impact than just the services we offer at Dog Star Media. I want to give something more, contributing more than just the tools and strategies to the improvement of my clients’ businesses. The content in this new blog will make a positive impact on your outlook as practice owners, your coping skills in dealing with growth and change and your understanding of how offering access to you and your spirit as the doctor or dentist or business owner is the key to your marketing success. It starts this month. If you have been reading this blog and have been thinking about what Dog Star Media and The Cosmetic Channel™ offer, what better month to make that first purchase? Why not order that in-office DVD you know you need, take the special I announced last week and become part of this new blog from the beginning. Just email me at donald@dogstarmedia.com to make that first order.

And, here is a no-cost marketing tip. I am only doing what you should be doing. There is something I have to give, something of value that can benefit my clients. All I am doing is offering access to you through this blog and my new client blog. All my retainer clients and most of my coaching clients are using this very strategy to reach out to their audience to offer access. You should be doing this, too. You should be offering access, too.